You're never too young to learn about science! Join Discovery and come on a fun-filled science adventure!
What is 'Curious Kids'?
Curious Kids is a program especially designed for children aged 3-5. The aim of Curious Kids is to introduce young children to the exciting world of science in a fun and interactive way. The content of the sessions will address basic scientific concepts.
A Curious Kids session will consist of ...
... a "story time" where children will be introduced to a scientific concept in a story format. This will then be followed by an activity in The Lab, where children will learn the practical application of the concept talked about during story time.
When does Curious Kids take place?
Up-coming Sessions for 2014:
Monday 15 September: We celebrated the start of Spring with flowers and with the weather warming up its an ideal time for a picnic: a Teddy Bear's Picnic. So bring your Teddy (or other favourite cuddly toy) to Discovery for a picnic and find out what's funny about honey!
Past Sessions have included:
- It's Much Too Hot! The effect of heat on living things and how we measure temperature.
- Colour My World! What makes colour?
- Blowing up balloons!
- Stopping Time: How fast is fast?
- The Enormous Turnip – What makes things hard to move
How much does Curious Kids cost?
There are two ways to pay for your Curious Kid:
- Pay per session
Only $5 per session per child (Includes: All lab materials. Does not include admission to the general exhibition area)
- Become a member and get in for free!
Becoming a member of Discovery not only entitles you to all of the amazing membership benefits, but also gives your child free access to all of the Curious Kids sessions for a full year*. To find out more about becoming a member just click here
* Children need to be a financial member of Discovery (ie. Have individual membership or be part of a family membership) to qualify for free Curious Kids sessions.