You're never too young to learn about science! Join Discovery and come on a fun-filled science adventure!
What is 'Curious Kids'?
Curious Kids is a program especially designed for children aged 3-5. The aim of Curious Kids is to introduce young children to the exciting world of science in a fun and interactive way. The content of the sessions will address basic scientific concepts.
A Curious Kids session will consist of ...
... a "story time" where children will be introduced to a scientific concept in a story format. This will then be followed by an activity in The Lab, where children will learn the practical application of the concept talked about during story time.
When does Curious Kids take place?
Curious Kids is held at 11:00am on the first and third Monday of each month during school terms.
Up-coming Sessions for 2013:
- Monday 21 October: Let's get animated
- Monday 4 November: Monster Building
- Monday 18 November: That Noise: What's the difference between noise and music?
- Monday 2 December:What has Eight legs?
Past Sessions have included:
- Blowing up balloons!
- Stopping Time: How fast is fast?
- The Enormous Turnip – What makes things hard to move
- Climbing Spiders: How can they get up the drain pipe?
- What do Teddy bears eat at picnics? Bring your Teddy to Curious Kids to find out.
- Spring Flowers. Come and see the flowers bloom for spring.
- Bubble trouble. Come and find out how to make coloured bubbles.
- Inertia. How do they remove the table cloth and not the dishes?
- Where are the Giants? A look at perspective.
- Peek-a-poo. What's in your nappy?
- What's Captain Cook got to do with Venus?
How much does Curious Kids cost?
There are two ways to pay for your Curious Kid:
- Pay per session
Only $5 per session per child (Includes: All lab materials. Does not include admission to the general exhibition area)
- Become a member and get in for free!
Becoming a member of Discovery not only entitles you to all of the amazing membership benefits, but also gives your child free access to all of the Curious Kids sessions for a full year*. To find out more about becoming a member just click here
* Children need to be a financial member of Discovery (ie. Have individual membership or be part of a family membership) to qualify for free Curious Kids sessions.