You're never too young to learn about science! Join Discovery and come on a fun-filled science adventure!
What is 'Curious Kids'?
Curious Kids is a program especially designed for children aged 3-5. The aim of Curious Kids is to introduce young children to the exciting world of science in a fun and interactive way. The content of the sessions will address basic scientific concepts.
A Curious Kids session will consist of ...
... a "story time" where children will be introduced to a scientific concept in a story format. This will then be followed by an activity in The Lab, where children will learn the practical application of the concept talked about during story time.
When does Curious Kids take place?
Up-coming Sessions for 2015:
- Mon 4 and Tues 5 May: Who sank the boat? Why are some boat shapes better than others
- Mon 18 and Tues 19 May:
- Mon 1 and Tues 2 June:
- Mon 15 and Tues 16 June:
- Mon 20 and Tues 21 July:
- Mon 3 and Tues 4 August:
- Mon 17 and Tues 18 August:
- Mon 7 and Tues 8 September:
- Mon 5 and Tues 6 October:
- Mon 19 and Tues 20 October:
- Mon 2 and Tues 3 November:
- Mon 16 and Tues 17 November:
- Mon 7 and Tues 8 December:
Past Sessions have included:
- It's Much Too Hot! The effect of heat on living things and how we measure temperature.
- Colour My World! What makes colour?
- Blowing up balloons!
- Stopping Time: How fast is fast?
- The Enormous Turnip – What makes things hard to move
How much does Curious Kids cost?
There are two ways to pay for your Curious Kid:
- Pay per session
Only $5 per session per child (Includes: All lab materials. Does not include admission to the general exhibition area)
- Become a member and get in for free!
Becoming a member of Discovery not only entitles you to all of the amazing membership benefits, but also gives your child free access to all of the Curious Kids sessions for a full year*. To find out more about becoming a member just click here
* Children need to be a financial member of Discovery (ie. Have individual membership or be part of a family membership) to qualify for free Curious Kids sessions.